When it comes to building your future home, it’s important to choose a quality home builder that is trustworthy. This is reflected through their character, practices, and craftsmanship.
There are several ways to get a good understanding if a builder is reliable and a good match for you.
1. Do The Research Yourself
- It may seem easy sometimes to just go with the builder a friend, family member, and/or co-worker used. But not every client-builder relationship is the same and there may be things you don’t know that could be large deciding factors in your decision. Not every builder is created the same or has the experience you would hope for when building a new home. Take the time to look at all the options that are out there and see which builders are willing to go above and beyond for the dream home you desire. Look for a true custom builder, not one that limits you to their floor plans.
2. Truly Custom or Cookie-Cutter?
- Ask your yourself what type of home you really want. Do you want a home that is exactly what you dreamt of or are you willing to settle for the basic options that come with a cookie-cutter style “custom” home? Some builders say “custom” but that label gives you limited choices on what you can customize about the home. Choose a builder who is willing to truly give you a custom home based on the design you want.
3. Read Reviews Online & Get References
- Ask for a list of 4-5 references: a client who is currently in the process of building, a client whose home was recently completed, and a client who has been in their home for a few years. This will give you a range of responses. You will be able to get a good idea of how things went after signing their contract, during the product & color selection process, and their satisfaction with how the home was built. Find out how their home is holding up after a few years, and how the builder handled any warranty issues.
- Check out reviews on other websites to see what’s being said about the builder. Keep in mind that it’s difficult for a company to never have a complaint about something. The important thing is how the issue was handled and resolved. You want to make sure the builder you select understands the value of not only correcting a mistake but doing so in a timely manner to keep the process moving along.
When building your dream home, don’t settle for less than the highest quality. Doing your research in these areas will give insight into how a builder runs their company and how they will treat your family’s home.
At Gibraltar Custom Builders, we are focused on our customers and provide only the highest level of quality and craftsmanship in every part of your home. Whether you are thinking of building now or in the future, we invite you to work with us.